When getting ready to list your home, start with a checklist of items that need to be taken care of. Here, I will give you a handful of must do's...
1. Are there light bulbs that need to be replaced?
2. Check for cracked tile; do you need to regrout; do you need to re-caulk anywhere?
3. Make sure all those minor repairs get done that you've been putting off.
4. Check your trim paint. Do you need to repaint. There should be no chipping.
5. Declutter, declutter, declutter! This is a great time to go through the storage room, closets, pantry, and garage. Purge, donate or sell. Remember, what you may love, is not what a buyer will love. Depersonalize your home. Put the shrine of family pictures away. Buyers want to envision their personal items in the home.
6. Get that furnace and central air (AC) checked out; have any maintenance done.
7. Do you need to do any updating? Even updating the lighting can make a big difference.
8. Clean your carpets and do deep, deep cleaning.
9. Don't forget about curb appeal. First impressions are everything.
This is just a short list of what you should be doing to get your home ready for the market. Remember, you want to make a great first impression when those buyers come in to tour.